Friday, March 02, 2007

control of life

Aru, get up now. You wanted to get up by 5.30 to finish your homework" -- one of the parents.

I try to hide in the Rajaai, curl up pulling my knees near my chin. Then the aforementioned parent pats on my shoulder, first slowly and then shakes me firmly. I, with the sleep from my eyes, get up obediently. run the required errand. And my day starts.


Years pass and now this!! I am snoring softly, enjoying my early-morning sleep. A tiny hand exlpores my mouth and nose. Fingers somehow trying to find the source of the snores. Half awake, I try to see, behing the prying hands, a very inquisitive face peeps. He is lying on his side, unbalanced. both arms extended, uncontrollably trying to scratch my nose and mouth with them. His own mouth half open,forgetful. I smile at him and that stops him. He smiles first and then pulls his arms back. His smile suddenly turns shy and he pulls to the other side.

I go back to sleep. After some time, I see him again, on his side, aiming his left kick on my tummy. He takes his own time, lands the blow, moves a bit to gain balance and again pull the leg back to take aim once again. This has a very beautiful slow rythm. But it keeps on increasing. I,with sleep in my eyes, get up obediently. Pick him up, he is happy with the achievement OR almost to tears (depending on the time it takes for me to get up). And we both are now up and running :)

No comments: