Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Bad habits

Bad habits are like leeches. You do not know when they jump from the ground below or drop from the skies above and fasten onto you. Just like leeches they ensure that you are in relative comfort and are enjoying the experience.


And when something snaps and you just see a slimy bloated piece of black leather hanging onto you, your insides shudder with revulsion.


something similar happened to me. I just for fun used to look at horoscopes on and off. Especially before the exams (now calibration discussions etc). I always used to convince me that I do not believe that shit and all this is just for fun. I totally lost track when this habit turned on me and became obsessive-compulsive.


And something snapped (more on this later) and I just observed myself referring to my daily astrology multiple times a day !! I had to borrow support from them even when I am taking a decision of medium to small-medium importance. Thankfully I became aware of this habit early enough (hopefully :)).


And "All Is Well" after some withdrawal symptoms which lasted for three to four days. This whole thing was very remarkable. Myself getting into this cycle, becoming aware of it and snapping out of it with a little bit of struggle.


It really felt nice in the end.

No comments: